Bicycle Accident Lawyers Dedicated To Pursuing Justice For Injured Cyclists
Cyclists are incredibly vulnerable on the roads as a result of car-centric infrastructure. Accidents with cars are frequent, often with devastating aftermath. After a crash, we meet injured cyclists in Northern Arizona at their lowest point and strive to lift them up again. At The Kaiser Law Group, we have demonstrated courtroom success, getting accident victims the compensation from insurance companies that they need to recover.
Why Do Bicycle Accidents Happen?
Being on the road with cars puts cyclists at an immediate disadvantage. Safely sharing the road relies on a delicate balance of numerous factors. Drivers must be aware of their surroundings, obey traffic signs, stop signs and signals, and have safe road conditions. Bike crashes can happen when one or more of these factors are absent.
Common Types Of Cycling Collisions
Here are some common types of bicycle accidents:
- Head-on collisions: A cyclist riding opposite the flow of traffic crashes into a driver
- Left hook collisions: The driver turns left into a cyclist in the other lane
- Right hook collisions: The driver turns right into a cyclist traveling in the same lane
- Left cross collisions: The driver makes a left turn in front of a cyclist traveling behind them in the same lane
- Right cross collisions: A driver coming from a side street or driveway crashes into a cyclist’s right side
- Dooring: When a cyclist crashes into a parked car’s open door
There are many more ways these accidents can unfold, and cyclists are at a significant disadvantage in each one.
What Should You Do After A Bicycle Crash?
Immediately after a crash, you should call the police and emergency medical services to the scene or have a bystander do so for you. Take photos of the scene and get the driver’s information if your condition permits you to do. Get medical attention as soon as possible, even if your injuries are minor. Finally, consult an attorney about a potential personal injury claim.
Let Us Help You Get On The Road To Recovery
If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident, you can rely on us to take care of the legal side of things while you focus on recovering. You can rest assured knowing that, at The Kaiser Law Group, our personal injury attorneys have the skill, experience, and dedication it takes to get your life back on track. To begin your journey, contact us online or call our office at 928-278-4748 to set up a free initial consultation.